Join us for Movement Monthly, a monthly campaign meetup where you can get the latest news and ways to get involved in the movement for Complete Streets and our campaign in support of the City’s new Moving New Orleans low-stress bikeway network.
This month we'll be meeting in person! We'll spend on our time focusing on prepping folks to speak to neighborhood associations, calling supporters in the 7th ward, and prepping for upcoming canvasses.
Protected bike lanes, ADA accessible ramps, new sidewalks, bus islands, flood mitigation measures, and traffic calming installations are all parts of what makes a Complete Street. But what really makes a street complete are people, so join us for these monthly calls-to-action every first Tuesday of each month.
- Get updates on when and where the latest ‘Moving New Orleans Bikes’ protected bikeways and walk/bike boulevards are being installed
- Get trained on how to speak to your neighborhood association, other community organization, or favorite local business about Complete Streets and Moving New Orleans Bikes.
- Prepare for upcoming neighborhood canvasses and other community events
- Learn and hear from Complete Streets Coalition member organizations about their latest programs and how they tie into the movement for Complete Streets
- Make phone calls to supporters to encourage them to get involved in the campaign
It’s with people, our community health, and all the ways we move around in mind, that we’re pushing the City and our communities to support more safety and less stress on New Orleans streets. Movement Monthly is meant to empower local residents and leaders to showcase how these benefits can empower their communities.
2100 Oretha Castle Haley
New Orleans, LA 70113
Google map and directions